S&P Global Platts Training brings you the most comprehensive “go-to class” covering the aluminum market you’ll find. This live, interactive training is led by industry experts with real-world experience in the aluminum industry. From the raw materials used to make aluminum, to the fundamentals of making the aluminum, to aluminum products, recycling, secondary markets, pricing, hedging, buying and selling, our experts cover it all. Bring your questions—you’ll have plenty of opportunities to draw on the experience and knowledge of our aluminum market veterans.
The online training course curriculum includes these top-line topics:
- Raw materials: where are they and how they are used
- Making Aluminum: the basics at the primary and secondary mills
- Casting, rolling, extruding, coating & alloying
- Aluminum’s primary end use markets
- Macro view of global markets for aluminum
- Purchasing, trading, and price risk management in aluminum
Online course features and benefits
The online course offers:
- Live, fully-interactive delivery so lessons are adaptable, topical, and personalized for attendees
- Q&A available throughout the duration of the course
- Real-world advice from aluminum industry veterans who also lead the onsite training courses
- Easy access from any location equipped with an internet connection, eliminating the need for travel time and expense
- One-day compacted version of the two-day onsite training course, to fit more easily into your schedule
- Electronic versions of the training materials
Who should attend?
Courses are intended for market newcomers AND experienced professionals wanting to refine their approach. Participants include:
- Aluminum buyers (manufacturers, end-users, procurement, purchasing)
- Aluminum sellers (mills, service centers, traders)
- Suppliers (industrial gas, recyclers, power companies)
- Financial (banks, company CFO’s, analysts)
- Government (state, national)
- Associations (managing executives, staffers)
- Anyone needing a solid foundation about the aluminum market and its inherent dynamics
If your company would like to enroll more than one person, we offer a team discount. Visit our Pricing page for details.
Eagle Consultancy International
VIAMI International, Inc.
Our experts have over 50 years of combined aluminum industry experience. To learn more about their backgrounds and qualifications, visit our Trainers page.
Like what you see but this session doesn’t fit your needs?
We add new dates and locations throughout the year. Visit the Global Metals Training and Hedging Workshops website, or contact the Head of Global Training, Preston Gibson at
+1 412-431-1765 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about available options.