Platts European Gas Weekly helps traders and analysts execute on trading strategies by providing access to gas price forecast data, charts, and analysis that give insight into where prices will be in future tradable time periods.
It does this by providing our NBP price and forecast, as well as a weekly update on market fundamentals and key indicators that impact pricing.
This analysis helps traders and analysts spend less time on fundamental research such as maintenance events, flow disruptions, weather patterns, and the effect of the coal switching price, freeing up their time for other endeavors. It also allows them to validate or challenge the view they have already taken on the market.
This report is developed by our colleagues from Eclipse Energy Group, now part of Platts. Since 2002, Eclipse Energy Group has provided price forecasts and fundamental analysis for the European gas and power markets as well as the global LNG market.
One major broker confirmed that 90% of their most active traders are subscribers to the Eclipse in-depth analysis reports, from which European Gas Weekly is comprised.
Platts European Gas Weekly features:
- Weekly UK Update
- Short-term UK gas market analysis
- An overview of current market fundamentals, with a focus on key lead indicators that could have a price impact
- Charts capturing the most relevant changes in fundamentals or news, and what impact they had on the market
- Detail of what the market is seeing in the fundamentals (maintenance, temperature, effect of coal-switching price) against our view of why
- NBP price for that contract period at the time, as well as our forecast, the sensitivity range, and other price anchors
- Weekly EU Update
- Overview of what has happened in the European market in terms of price action, fundamentals, and flows
- Changes to flows between markets
- A fundamental flows table, giving an easily-digestible overview of week-on-week changes
- A maintenance table, highlighting events that could impact flows in the immediate future
- European FlowPilot
- A forecast of all the underlying supply and demand assumptions for the next gas year
- A description of the methodology of our assumptions, presented in high level of detail and in a transparent manner
Platts European Gas Weekly is delivered via email, and is also available for download from Platts.com.
Market Data – Natural Gas
You can include Market Data – Natural Gas when you subscribe to Platts European Gas Weekly. With it, you'll have access to the latest natural gas price assessments in data-point format. Market Data – Natural Gas also provides you with end-of-day assessments, third-party data, and a rolling 45-day historical database for key assessments. For further information, please contact Platts Sales.
Gain access to past articles from every issue of Platts European Gas Weekly. This valuable resource will allow you to search, analyze, and create your own customized reference on issues that interest you.
Many clients purchase multiple subscriptions to ensure their entire staff has access. We’ll work with you to ensure our distribution methods meet your specific needs. For details, simply request a trial or use the contact sales button.