View larger image
The U.S. Coal Activity wall map displays the principle components of this thriving industry from the source-region to the coal-fueled power plant to the export terminal. Gain an understanding of the various transportation methods used to transport coal. View proposed plant locations in relation to existing coal source regions, coal mines, power plants, and major coal export locations. Assess the state of clean coal by identifying plants with SO2 scrubber technology as well as coal-related carbon sequestration projects.
Also available digitally with enhanced content or the printed map can be purchased with the digital content in a discounted package.
Key Coal Industry Features:
- Coal-fired power plants sized by average coal consumption, colored by primary coal source and shaped by SO2 scrubber status. Plants are labeled with the plant name and primary coal transportation mode.
- Active coal mines uniquely symbolized by mine type - surface vs. underground - sized by average coal production
- Coal-hauling railroads uniquely symbolized by ownership
- Coal producing regions colored by primary coal-type
- Planned/under construction coal-fueled plants labeled with operator code, plant name, transportation mode
- Major coal terminals
- Carbon sequestration locations
- Coal docks
- Major rivers & water bodies
- Major cities and state capitals
- Detailed inset maps of Northern Appalachia, Central Appalachia, Illinois Basin and Alaska
Supplementary Data and Graphs
- Inset map showing major coal terminals
- Power plant table providing plant name, operator, scrubber status, average coal consumption and operating capacity
- Coal Mine table providing mine name, operator and average coal production
- Graphs depicting coal consumption by source region & type, top coal consuming power plants, top coal producing operators & top coal producing mines
Select the version that best meets your needs
Printed on heavyweight, glossy, photo-quality paper to enhance the richness of the colors, this version is suitable for framing or display. Dimensions: 42 x 71 inches.
Laminated Wall Map
Printed on a durable paper and then laminated, this version can be marked up for analysis and brainstorming purposes and also looks great framed. Dimensions: 42 x 71inches.
The digital edition version of the U.S. Coal Activity wall map presents the same content as the wall map in a portable format. View maps on any PC whether at your cubicle, in an office, or on the road. Wall space is not required.
This download features the wall map broken into 29 printable, hyperlinked, legal-sized (8.5 x 14 inch) PDF pages. A non-printable version of the full-sized wall map is also included to enable copying of specific areas to paste into presentations. The maps’ tabular information (abbreviations) is presented in an easy-to-navigate spreadsheet.
- Share maps with your colleagues and extract images of detailed areas for presentations or to email
- Print detailed areas of interest and take to meetings
- Easily navigate between adjacent map page — maps are hyperlinked
- View from any PC while on the road